News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC3 Personal Message DB Error

Started by Styx_, November 09, 2010, 04:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styx_

I'm running SMF 2.0 RC3

Hi,

I've just got the error message below when trying to view my personal messages. I've asked other users whether they have the same problem however they do not. I've run all the maintenance tools for the SMF forum and checked the integrity of the MySQL DB and repaired it just to double check. No faults were found and everything seems to be running as normal. I've pretty much no idea what caused this, I had around 100 PM's when this happened but I don't believe this would cause this particular error.

Any help on resolving the issue would be much appreciated.

"Database Error
Out of memory (Needed 20447204 bytes)
File: /home/gameforum/public_html/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 541"

Styx_

Quote from: Fussilet on November 09, 2010, 04:54:18 PM
if you need , look here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=408167.0

Thanks for the link. I checked the thread and tried FF & IE (currently using Chrome) but I still receive the same error.

Styx_

If I search for a message I know I have it'll find it however when I click the message I get the same error. I created a second account and don't have this problem at all.

If I can't fix this is there a way for me to use an alternate account (swapping the names) and make my old forums posts link back to my new name? This is assuming link backs are based on a unique ID and not member names.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Styx_

Quote from: Runic on November 21, 2010, 10:48:03 AM
Styx_ d you still require assistance?

I don't have the problem at the moment but it does come and go. One week I'll have it the next I won't. It's very strange that's for sure.

Styx_

This problem is back and now happens much more frequently, quite possibly linked with the traffic of the site increasing. I sent a support ticket to my hosting provider who said it was most likely the software causing the error. Could this be the case and how would I go about fixing it?

SMF version is still 2.0 RC3

IceXaos

Do you have a limit on the amount of PMs a user may have depending on their group?
Did you set up the database yourself or did the script do everything?
Have you changed any of the column types which may limit the size?

Styx_

Quote from: IceXaos on December 12, 2010, 02:24:43 AMDo you have a limit on the amount of PMs a user may have depending on their group?

No.

Quote from: IceXaos on December 12, 2010, 02:24:43 AMDid you set up the database yourself or did the script do everything?

Script.

Quote from: IceXaos on December 12, 2010, 02:24:43 AMHave you changed any of the column types which may limit the size?

No.

Deaks

Styx_, firstly I would suggest upgading to RC4, also you may wish to clear your forum error log and see if that helps, also as you have not replied in 3 weeks I am marking this as solved until you get back to us
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Celia N. Foster

I'm getting the same error since I upgraded to SMF 2.0 RC5 last night:

Out of memory (Needed 20971492 bytes)
File: /home/judithb/public_html/forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 538

What needs to be done to fix this?

Advertisement: