Users online today maxes out at 19 everyday

Started by Astra_200, November 09, 2010, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astra_200

Users online in my forum stats max out at 19 everyday. It seems to reset at midnight to zero when the number of users starts to climb again.

All posts indicate the correct time so would that rule out server time offset? Never had the problem before anyway.

Can anybody please suggest what could be wrong as there are many more users than than that and it would be too much of a coincidence to have exactly 19 users everyday.

I did reset most online ever a while back via PHPadmin but only changed one setting, could I have accidently changed things connected to users online today?

Thanks in advance.

SMF 2.0 RC1.2 with Extreme6 custom theme.

Astra_200

I am hoping someone can help me with this?

Small update, after a few days of max 19 online in info centre, today its 15. Yet users online in the last 15 mins is showing 29 as I write??

I have even logged in as an alias and the number didnt change.

Any ideas please?

Illori

are those 29 people real logged in people or some are guests? the max number is of people that are registered on your site, NOT including the guests.

Astra_200

Thanks for the reply, I didnt realise it was only registered people that effected 'most online today' I thought it was guests and members.

But when I signed on as an alias member the number didnt change??

Illori

i am not familiar with "alias members" to be able to answer that question.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Firstly, you really should update ASAP. There are security updates, as well as bug fixes in the more recent RC versions. If this still seems like an issue after updating, let us know.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Astra_200

I would love to upgrade but it would mean major work as most of the mods I use are not compatable.

When I say alias, I mean me logging in under another non admin user name.

This feature used to work just fine, cant understand why it doesent any more.

Astra_200

Quote from: Illori on November 11, 2010, 10:09:12 AM
maybe related to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=408578.0

Interesting thread thanks, but I havent added any mods or upgraded. The only things I have changed recently are the number of most online ever and added a new member group.

Incidently the most online today has raised back to its normal level as we speak, also my forum has been a bit slow lately with occaisional time out errors, the forum is a lot faster today with no connection errors so maybe it was just a server problem.

Thanks for your advice. I will monitor it, but for the moment mark as solved.

Advertisement: