News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Attachment Settings: Files missing

Started by khemara, November 10, 2010, 05:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khemara

Hello,

I was following Twenty-four things you can do to make SMF go faster in the step 1 "Move your uploaded avatars directory".

After setting the Upload directory and moved the avatars to it, I noticed that there is a message saying that "Files Missing (Repair)" in Attachment settings. When I clicked on repair, No errors were found! But it still remains that message.

Should I just ingore that message or is there anyway to fix that counting?

Thanks,

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Did you move the avatars through index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=moveAvatars or manually?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

khemara

Quote from: LexArma on November 10, 2010, 05:27:58 AM
Did you move the avatars through index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=moveAvatars or manually?
Yes, I moved using that link not manually.

Paul_Pauline

Have you checked in your new directory to see if the files were actually moved there ?
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

khemara

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on November 10, 2010, 05:41:28 AM
Have you checked in your new directory to see if the files were actually moved there ?
Yes, I checked that. They are all there.

Paul_Pauline

Have you run all the checks in Forum Maintenance
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

khemara

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on November 10, 2010, 12:00:24 PM
Have you run all the checks in Forum Maintenance
Yes, file maintenance also says "No errors were found!". Here you could see the attached files. It is not a big deal, I could ignore it anyway. But I am wondering if I could fix that.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Have you edited that image, or is your attachment path actually missing? There should be a directory set for both attachments, and avatars.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

khemara

Quote from: LexArma on November 11, 2010, 01:04:01 AM
Have you edited that image, or is your attachment path actually missing? There should be a directory set for both attachments, and avatars.

Yes, I edited it.

The path to attachements: /home/username/public_html/mydomain.com/attachments
The path to server-stored avatars: /home/username/public_html/mydomain.com/avatars
The path to uploadable avatars: /home/username/public_html/mydomain.com/attached_avatars

After moving the avatars and separated them from attachement directory, I saw some files (maybe all the uploaded avatars) in /home/username/public_html/mydomain.com/attached_avatars.

Deaks

sokha do you still need assistance, if so have you tried repair_settings.php

What is repair_settings.php?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

khemara

Quote from: Runic on November 21, 2010, 11:18:44 AM
sokha do you still need assistance, if so have you tried repair_settings.php

What is repair_settings.php?
Yes. hm, repair_settings.php could not fix it. It still shows the File Missing message.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Ok, let's try to narrow this down a bit.

Was all directory paths in the repair_settings.php view valid and ok?
Have you tried the Attachment Integrity Check in /index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=maintenance; ?
In /index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=avatars; do you have Upload avatars to... set to "Specific directory"?
Is the Specified upload directory just below that valid? Is the upload URL actually an url to the avatars?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Deaks

i have some to add to Lex, do upload avatars actually go into this new file?
what is the chmode of this new file?
did you copy a copy of the index.php from the attachments folder into the new file?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

khemara

Sorry, I did not track on this topic.

Quote from: LexArma on November 22, 2010, 12:43:11 AM
Ok, let's try to narrow this down a bit.

Was all directory paths in the repair_settings.php view valid and ok?
Yes, they are all valid and OK.

Have you tried the Attachment Integrity Check in /index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=maintenance; ?
In /index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=avatars;
Yes, I have done that several times but it always says no error found.

do you have Upload avatars to... set to "Specific directory"?
Yes, I specified it.

Is the Specified upload directory just below that valid? Is the upload URL actually an url to the avatars?
Yes, they are.

Quote from: Runic on November 22, 2010, 08:38:15 AM
i have some to add to Lex, do upload avatars actually go into this new file?
what is the chmode of this new file?
did you copy a copy of the index.php from the attachments folder into the new file?
New chmod for new upload avatar file:

-rw-r--r-- 1 lighttpd lighttpd  6428 Jan 10 16:16 avatar_8271_1294650972.png

I did not copy that index.php file to the upload avatars directoy. Here is the chmod I got after I copied:

-rwxrwxr-x 1 myusername myusername 327 Jan 12 11:05 attached_avatars/index.php

Advertisement: