News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Which smf is better? 1.0 or 2.0 ?

Started by Dersim62, November 10, 2010, 07:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dersim62

Hi..

i have a problem. I want to install smf but i dont know which version of the smf to choose? The latest version is 1.1.12 and the new one is 2.0 RC4. Please can anybody recommend one version? Which of them have more mods? I need for example the hide mod, thanks mod, the Legend mod...

Paul_Pauline

Hi.

It's your choice basically, many people run with 2.0, however it still has issues, and is not recommended for a production site, as it is still a Release Candidate.

Many people will not go near it until it has been gold for a while.

If you want a easy life i'd recommend 1.1.12, let someone else have the hassles associated with Release candidates.

You can find mods for most anything that are compatable with 1.1.12.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Dersim62

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on November 10, 2010, 07:30:34 AM
Hi.

It's your choice basically, many people run with 2.0, however it still has issues, and is not recommended for a production site, as it is still a Release Candidate.

Many people will not go near it until it has been gold for a while.

If you want a easy life i'd recommend 1.1.12, let someone else have the hassles associated with Release candidates.

You can find mods for most anything that are compatable with 1.1.12.

Thanks for answer!

So i will install 1.1.12. ...i think also its the best option.

Thanks again!

Advertisement: