News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

d2h host have spoilt all my website please help friends

Started by yourdailysaver, November 10, 2010, 07:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yourdailysaver

hello seniors,

i was using d2h host and they have delted all my sites one by one.  i just have a database backup but not the files in folder. is there any way i can restore forum ? please help friends its really urgent

Illori

install a fresh forum on your new host of the same version you had before. upload your database to the new database that was created, override all data. then run What is repair_settings.php?

yourdailysaver

that will restore my forum ? and one more thing i have moved host from 1and1 to d2h as 1and1 was only allowing 100 mb database and i have one forum with databse of around 99 mb. so i moved to d2h. but now when i take backup of the same database it saves only around 17 mb of database. dont know if i am not getting complete backup or what.

Illori

yes it should restore your forum, if you can get a full backup of your database. how are you trying to get your backup of the database?

yourdailysaver

i have taken backup of my database from my host. but its very smaller in size than it should be.

Illori

do you have a cpanel? you can do a backup from there.

yourdailysaver

Quote from: Illori on November 10, 2010, 08:10:21 AM
do you have a cpanel? you can do a backup from there.

yes i have taken database backup from there only. but it was 100 mb when i transferred to this host but now when i take backup of the same database. it backsup only 17 mb. it should be more than 100 mb now.

yourdailysaver

can somebody please provide me with setup of 2.0 RC 3

Advertisement: