Mail Queue Settings (per minute vs per page load)

Started by archiebald, November 10, 2010, 07:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archiebald

I am trying out RC4 as I have been having mail woes recently.  The queue feature seems to be just what I need.

But I cannot understand the relationship of the two options;

- Maximum emails to send per minute

- Maximum amount of emails to send per page load

Max per minute is easy, but then what value shoud I set for page load? 

Does one of these setting override the other?  Please consider these two examples...

• If I set 5 per min and 1 per page load, but I have 50 page loads a minute, is the number of sent emails capped at 5 per min or will the 50 page loads cause 50 mails to be sent within that minute?

• Or, if I have a very quiet period with no page loads for 10 minutes, do the mails continue to be sent at 5 per minute, or is mail sending inhibited by a lack of page loads?

I know there are other topics on this - I read them and I still don't understand.

It seems to be a great feature but very confusing

archiebald

srunyon1

I have that same question... what does Page load mean..??

srunyon1

can anyon explain how this works?
my queue is always getting backed up even though it is under my host's limit..

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

srunyon1

mine is 150 an hour..
but what does number per page load mean?

vbgamer45

When ever someone visits a page that is the number of mail that will be sent if mail exists in the queue
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

archiebald

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 23, 2010, 12:44:07 AM
When ever someone visits a page that is the number of mail that will be sent if mail exists in the queue
Sorry to be pedantic, but this is still not answering the original question.

Does one of these setting override the other?  Please consider these two examples...

* If I set 5 per min and 1 per page load, but I have 50 page loads a minute, is the number of sent emails capped at 5 per min or will the 50 page loads cause 50 mails to be sent within that minute?
    * Or, if I have a very quiet period with no page loads for 10 minutes, do the mails continue to be sent at 5 per minute, or is mail sending inhibited by a lack of page loads?

vbgamer45

If I set 5 per min and 1 per page load, but I have 50 page loads a minute, is the number of sent emails capped at 5 per min or will the 50 page loads cause 50 mails to be sent within that minute?
It would be capped at 5 per minute

Or, if I have a very quiet period with no page loads for 10 minutes, do the mails continue to be sent at 5 per minute, or is mail sending inhibited by a lack of page loads?
No mail would be sent during the quiet period.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: