News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to allow user access to Forum Profile Information only?

Started by camoura, November 11, 2010, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camoura

If I set the permission to allow editing of "additional profile settings" all other settings such as Personal Message, Look and Layout, etc can be edited as well.

Can I just allow editing "Forum Profile Information" ?

Road Rash Jr.

In admin>configuration>general turn off Enable buddy, allow users to edit display name

for layout and options admin>configuration>theme settings turn off Allow members to select their own themes
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

camoura

Deaks

camoura, do you still need assistance if so try this mod:

http://arantormods.com/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1

please note you only have till end of december to get that mod
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

camoura

Thanks Runic,

It is almost what I needed. Could you point me to where I should look in order to get the other options not to show.  That is, I don't want to allow changes to Personal Message, Look and Layout, buddies, ignore list.

Deaks

tbh this sounds like settings that can be controlled in admin - members - permissions
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

camoura

Everything is under "additional profile settings". There is no way to specifically allow Personal Message and not allow Look and Layout for example.

It's like your mod. Before you could not disallow only modifying signatures, now with your mod you can.

Illori

sounds like at this point you should make a mod request in the proper board, or try to manually edit the code. either way this is not default in smf.

Deaks

you could add if statement to area's you want so that users in specific groups can only see it
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: