News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error searching for member via custom profile field

Started by colby2152, November 12, 2010, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

I have this error when I try and search for a member using a certain custom profile field.  This happened with profile fields that were created under SMF 2.0 RC3 but with the database still in RC2.  I thought I had fixed the issue when I deleted the profile fields and recreated them.  Perhaps it still has the junk records within the database causing errors?  I am thinking of recreating them once again with different names.  Any clues?

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-nl ON (tcust_mlb-nl.variable = 'cust_mlb-nl' AND tcust_mlb-nl.id_theme = 1 AND ' at line 3
File: /home/mlfb/public_html/PROfsl.com/smf/Sources/Memberlist.php
Line: 523
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

xenovanis

That's definately worth a try. Searching members by profile fields should work. You could create a new field with similar conditions to test if that works.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

colby2152

Quote from: xenovanis on November 12, 2010, 02:52:42 PM
That's definately worth a try. Searching members by profile fields should work. You could create a new field with similar conditions to test if that works.

Yep, it's still a problem with new fields.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

colby2152

I think some names were corrupted in between DB upgrades.  I tested it with another new name and changed it to an old name after creation... search worked.  :o 8)

mick88

Sorry for bumping, gentlemen, but I seem to have the exact same problem. I created my custom fields in 2.0 R4, but I got error when trying to search by custom field:

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-gam ON (tcust_in-gam.variable = 'cust_in-gam' AND tcust_in-gam.id_theme = 1 AND' at line 3
File: /home/mick88/domains/convoytrucking.net/public_html/forum/Sources/Memberlist.php
Line: 515

Forum was not updated, fields were created in R4 and failed to work in R4. I updated to R5 just now and still no go.
My assumption is that problem is the '-' in field's name. Perhaps adding reverse quotation marks in query would help ( ` ), otherwise mysql is going to think we want to execute a substraction (?).

Advertisement: