News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Guests Posting?

Started by Goss, November 13, 2010, 12:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goss

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC4 and have just discovered a rather big issue on my forum.  Guests apparently have permission to post in every board that they can view.  I've double-checked the permissions for a few of the boards and guests do have 0 permissions. 

Help?  x.x

Here is the link to my board.

sAce

Gave me a login prompt while posting.

ARG01

I just took a look and it did not give me any options to post or reply.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Illori

are you seeing in the who's online list that guests are trying to post? it could be bots are *trying* to post but are unable. Just because something is listed there that a guest or user is trying to do does not mean they CAN do it.

ARG01

Right. I often get "Logging into forum" or "Posting in..." when in fact it's just a bot. The login never occurs but it does sometimes show the attempt of a guest login or posting.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Goss

Thanks for the replies, but I did manage to actually resolve this.  Apparently, in the default guest permissions giving them the ability to view polls also allows them to post everywhere.  I just unchecked that and the guest posting vanished.

Advertisement: