What kind of glitch is this?

Started by LynnB, November 15, 2010, 06:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynnB

Only my registered members can see pictures. Fine. But I have a member, and a global mod at that, who can't see one pic that the rest of us can see. But she can see others. I logged in as her to verify and can't see it either. How can that be fixed? Do I have to just create a whole new registration for her? Thanks!

Illori

what mods do you have installed? what type of pic is the one that cant be viewed? this is pic a type that is different then others on your forum? if this pic was uploaded via a mod, please use that mods support thread for this issue.

LynnB

I'm new to this and don't think I have any mods installed and frankly, don't know what a mod is. The picture is a jpeg like all others.

willemjan

Is the problem board related? If it is, check your forum (and board) permissions.

LynnB

Board related? Wouldn't that mean everyone would be unable to see it? other global mods with the same permissions can see it, only this one cannot.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Is the picture an attachment on the board, or an external image?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

LynnB

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

OK, does it show up at all - I mean does this user even see there is supposed to be an attachment? ( A link, or a thumbnail visible? )
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

LynnB

She sees the same thing a guest would see - no indication there is any picture there. I logged in as her to verify this.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Then it must be a permission problem I'm quite sure. Make sure she is not in any group that would deny viewing attachments.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

LynnB

OK I'll scour the permissions, thanks.

Deaks

LynnB do you still require assistance
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: