Error.English.Php

Started by joey791, November 15, 2010, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey791

What does this error mean? 

It seems that I'm getting alot of them but its usually coming from guests.

http://dadshideout.com/index.php?action=search28: Undefined index: titleFile: /home/dadshide/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 370

http://dadshideout.com/index.php?8: Undefined index: smf301File: /home/dadshide/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Themes.english.php (main_below sub template - eval?)
Line: 253

http://dadshideout.com/index.php?8: Undefined index: smf52File: /home/dadshide/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Themes.english.php (main_below sub template - eval?)
Line: 217

http://dadshideout.com/index.php?8: Undefined offset: 34File: /home/dadshide/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Themes.english.php (main_below sub template - eval?)
Line: 216

IchBin™

Those are errors from a mod you have installed. It means that it can't fine a specific index in an array/variable. It usually nothing to worry about though. Do you have the SMF articles mod installed? I think that is what "titleFile" is from. If you uncheck "Disable evaluation of templates" in Server Settings > General you should get a more detailed error pointing to the specific file related to the error instead of the language files where it's looking for the $txt string. Post back if you get a different error if you decide to change that setting.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

joey791

It is unchecked, I'll keep an eye out though

joey791

BTW I'm using SMf 2.0RC4

These are our mods

1. Global Headers Footers 2.0 [ Uninstall ]
2. Simple Audio Video Embedder 1.0.9 [ Uninstall ]
3. SimplePortal 2.3.3 [ Uninstall ]
4. DonationsPro 1.10 [ Uninstall ]
5. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4 Plugin 1.2.2 [ Uninstall ]
6. SMF Staff Page 1.7 [ Uninstall ]
7. The Rules 1.3 [ Uninstall ]
8. Gamer IDs 1.01 [ Uninstall ]
9. SA Shop 0.4.8 [ Uninstall ]
10. SMF Trader System 1.5 [ Uninstall ]
11. Spoiler BBCode 1.1.3 [ Uninstall ]
12. YouTube BBCode 2.6 [ Uninstall ]

IchBin™

Sorry, I meant to say checked. You need to disable eval to get a more detailed error.

joey791

Ok this is now the errors I'm getting consistently

http://dadshideout.com/index.php?action=search28: Undefined index: titleFile: /home/dadshide/public_html/Themes/inferno_20rc3/index.template.php
Line: 371

http://dadshideout.com/index.php?action=search28: Undefined index: hrefFile: /home/dadshide/public_html/Themes/inferno_20rc3/index.template.php
Line: 371

This is what line 371 says

<a class="', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', '" href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '>', $button['title'], '</a>';

IchBin™

Did you search that file for the "titleFile" or "hrefFile" text? Attach your file here if you need and we can take a look.

joey791

I'm now getting a different error on the classic theme, here is the file for the inferno theme

IchBin™

Hmm... we're not getting the right info. I'd start by looking in the Load.php file for the titleFile and hrefFile text. I'm guessing maybe you had a mod or something that didn't get removed or installed properly.

Deaks

joey791  did you find what IchBin asked for in your Load.php file?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

joey791

Quote from: Runic on November 22, 2010, 12:41:38 PM
joey791  did you find what IchBin asked for in your Load.php file?

Was gone on a fishing trip and just got back today. Where would I find the Load.php file at?

Deaks

in your sources folder

did you catch much?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

joey791

Hell yeah, check out the outdoors board at www.dadshideout.com and check the Leeville Fishing post. I have some excellent pics of my youngest son.

Here is the file, thanks Runic

IchBin™

I'm sorry, I asked for the wrong file. Can you attach the Sources/Subs.php instead please?

joey791

Hey Ich quit helping me and get to work on the new version of TP :D :P

IchBin™

Well, I didn't see the error in that file. Not sure where to look at this point. I'll just get back to my TP. :P

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: joey791 on November 17, 2010, 05:56:52 PM
This is what line 371 says

<a class="', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', '" href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '>', $button['title'], '</a>';
This line is triggering the error. The $button['href'] doesn't have the 'href' defined, and $button['title'] doesn't have the 'title' defined.
Do you know what mod has added this line? ( Looking through the mod code could help to figure this out, or asking from the mod author directly could too )
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

IchBin™

Duh... I just realized I was searching for the wrong text... Because "File" was appended to the error line. lol Anyway, Lex if href and title weren't defined, wouldn't you see that in the Subs.php function where it sets up the menu? I suppose a mod could setup a button outside that function appending to the array. This will be a fun one to find. :)

joey791

I did remove the search button from the header and another one, but that was according to another set of instructions here.

joey791

I may have found the problem, I'll wait and let the forum run a day and let yall know if I solved it.

Advertisement: