News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Admin account lost! Please help!

Started by ysite, November 17, 2010, 10:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysite

Hi,

I forgot my admin password. I tried to reset it by "forgot your password", but my site doesn't have email settings set up, and no one else is admin to set them up. I used PhpMyAdmin, then went to smf_members and changed my password. I cleared cache and cookies, tried to log in and it says Your password is upgraded, please type in your pass again. I type it again and its says invalid pass. I type it in again and the it repeats same two things.

Solution:

1. Either tell me how to make another member Admin (so they can change my pass through AP)
2. Either tell me how to set my email settings without admin acc so i can "forget your pass"
3. Either tell me how to change my pass and not have the problem im having above.

*Yes, I know what my e-mail is and it is valid. I don't need to change that*

Im using SMF RC3

Thank you

Jakob Fel

Wait, so you say you looked at this? :

I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do?

If that doesn't work, there's something more going on, I think. <.< >.>
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

ysite

Yes, i went there, There is some sort of bug with RC3. in OP, i told you whats going on.

If you go to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=373327.0, and look at ALL the posts of buggermenot, i have EXACTLY the same thing going on, especially on Reply #5.

Except he gets it fixed after reply #7, but i have no clue what #7 is trying to say so i can't get it fixed.

ysite

MY OP
Quotetried to log in and it says Your password is upgraded, please type in your pass again. I type it again and its says invalid pass. I type it in again and the it repeats same two things.

buggermenot Reply #5 (/community/index.php?topic=373327.0)
Quotewhen I enter the username & password, it says "Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again." So it put in my password again. Then it says "Password incorrect", even though it's exactly the same than the one I put in the members table. So I try again, and it tells me: "Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again." So I put the password in, and the whole thing starts over again.

Paul_Pauline

QuoteHmm. I think there's a bug in 2.0 RC3 (and I think I helped report it :S)

Well, you can reset your password, actually by using something like the query below.

SELECT

UPDATE smf_members SET passwd = SHA1(CONCAT(LOWER(member_name), 'password')) WHERE id_member = 1

Make SURE you put id_member as the right id_member for you (might be 1), that you use the right table name (will end in members, might not be smf_members) and that you change the password to what you want but put it in quotes...

You just do what it tells you  .............

Run that query in phpMyAdmin   :P

Arantor has assumed that "SMF" is your database prefix, you are member "1", and you need to put your selected password between quotes and not apostrophes, ie "password"

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

ysite

that's exactly what I do but its not going well. I get the same thing when i log in as i wrote above. is there anyway i can make a member administrator with full rights?

Illori

in phpmyadmin make sure the account is in group 1 and they will be in the admin group.

ysite

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I CAN'T EXPLAIN MY PROBLEM EASIER THAN WHAT I AM DOING NOW. LOOK AT THE PICTURES BELOW.

1. I went to http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=466
2. The account i wana make admin is called "RED" and the actual main account is.... Just pretend it's deleted.

I clicked the "query window" on my main phpMyAdmin window as shown:

This window came up and I typed in the username "red" in the myusername quote as shown:

This is the error/problem that came up:

Then I clicked this:

Repeated the same thing and this came up:

PLEASE HELP!   THANK YOU.

Illori

replace memberName with member_name replace ID_Group with id_group, the columns changed in 2.0 vs 1.1.12

ysite

Thank you. worked like a charm. owe you big time for that

Advertisement: