News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Seeing boards but not messages inside, how to?

Started by Patriiick, November 18, 2010, 05:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriiick

Hi, I would like to create a group whose members can see all my boards names but not any messages inside, the purpose is to show my guests what they could have access to once registered. I looked at groups, tried to create a new group for that but did not succeed in setting permissions to see board but not messages inside.
Do you think this is possible, and if not, would a plugin achieve this?

Thanks
webmaster AcadNETwork

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Patriiick

Thanks a lot, this could answer my question, I finaly installed "Hide First Topic".
webmaster AcadNETwork

Patriiick

"Hide First Topic" is not working fine, it actualy hides posts for registered members and should do that only for guests. I uninstalled it.
webmaster AcadNETwork

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: