News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Wrong Verison

Started by SISPro, November 18, 2010, 09:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SISPro

I have installed 2.0.rc4 but here is what it is saying

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC3
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0 RC4

Now it did read right till i looked at it today

what i did was added some of my db from my old forum which was 2.0.rc3 and i think that is when it changed it how do i get it to read the right way.

Kill Em All

Why did you add stuff from your old database to the updated one? You should probably just re-run the upgrade and you should then be good to go. :)

You won't have to upload all the files again though, just the upgrade.php and sql data files.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

SISPro

i couldn't do that because of the db would not upload it kept telling me that i had errors but i didn't want to lose all of my members that join and topics , post and so on.

Kill Em All

Did you try repairing the database through your cPanel/phpmyadmin? or just making a backup of the database and giving the upgrade a go anyways, if something screws up you could always restore the database back.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

SISPro

no i made a back up of the db though the smf and after that i did the upgrade had problems with the mods that i use the most so i drop the db and stated over with a new smf and then uploaded the db though phpmyadmin and after it was all done i got this error which i posted it here.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=409314.msg2851959#msg2851959

Kill Em All

It is expected to have problems with some mods because its a new release, so a lot of code has changed, what you have to do is try and download a new version of the mod or hope the mod author will update it soon.

Advertisement: