News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Unusual problem with RC3

Started by bros, November 20, 2010, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bros

To preface, I am not on RC4 yet due to some mods not being compatible with it yet.

So I set up a forum for someone and an unusual problem is occurring. When logging in, it is slow to load after hitting the login button (takes about 23 seconds to load the index). After that initial slowness, there are no problems whatsoever with speed.

Mods installed:
Admin Notepad
AEVA
Member Color Legend
Member Color Link
SMF Arcade
Stars and Badges

I'm on apisnetworks, which I have set up multiple SMF forums without issue in the past. Anyone have an idea?

Matthew K.

Any errors in the error log? Additionally, I would suggest duplicating the files and database, and setting up a test site, upgrading it and emulating the forum version to RC3, most of those, if not all, should work with RC4 right out of the box without edits.

bros

Member Color Legend does not work, I believe. And that mod is rather vital (Because the legend you can enable that is built into SMF is a bit.... annoying for this forum, way way too many membergroups to make it feasible)

Should I set up the test on the same hosting?

Matthew K.

Sure, just a different directory.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

bros

Been a bit delayed - going to do the fresh install today and see what happens with the users experiencing the slowdowns.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: