News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Rc4: Can't install mods....again.

Started by NanoSector, November 20, 2010, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Argh I'm getting so sick of this.

It says nothing failed on the installation but it doesn't install and when I try to uninstall it it gives me errors and blablablabla...

Second time I got this problem. I didn't change any path.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Could be mods conflicting with one another, have you tried manually uninstalling any of them? (Manual Installation of Mods: Reverse Steps.)

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on November 20, 2010, 06:11:15 PM
Could be mods conflicting with one another, have you tried manually uninstalling any of them? (Manual Installation of Mods: Reverse Steps.)
Man, I've just done a CLEAN reinstallation!
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Out of curiosity, what mods do you have installed?

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on November 20, 2010, 06:14:34 PM
Out of curiosity, what mods do you have installed?
Question to you: How am I supposed to install mods when I can't? :P
None.

Matthew K.

I thought your issue was that you couldn't uninstall mods?

Powerbob

Hi, I have updated my test site with 2.0 RC4 (from RC3) with absolutely no problems! http://www.pplb.net/smf2/index.php
RC4 has most of the bugs out now. That means you should be using it, not RC3 anymore!
I don't know what problems you had before but when mods do not install it is usually a permissions problem or files corrupt/missing.

Let me know if you need more help :)

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on November 20, 2010, 06:20:23 PM
I thought your issue was that you couldn't uninstall mods?
In the previous time I got this problem I stated that the package manager also didn't make any changes when looking at the modified files.

Quote from: Powerbob on November 20, 2010, 08:30:24 PM
Hi, I have updated my test site with 2.0 RC4 (from RC3) with absolutely no problems! http://www.pplb.net/smf2/index.php
RC4 has most of the bugs out now. That means you should be using it, not RC3 anymore!
I don't know what problems you had before but when mods do not install it is usually a permissions problem or files corrupt/missing.

Let me know if you need more help :)
I am indeed using RC4.

Deaks

Yoshi, to you have a temp directory in your Packages folder if not create one and give it chmode of 777 :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

NanoSector

Quote from: Runic on November 23, 2010, 08:44:54 PM
Yoshi, to you have a temp directory in your Packages folder if not create one and give it chmode of 777 :)
I've installed no temp directory removal after this was fixed, so yes.

This is solved.

NanoSector

No it isn't.

I can't install my own mod.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

NanoSector

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: