Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Unread post issue

Started by MarChelo, November 22, 2010, 06:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarChelo

Hello,
I have problems with the "unread post".
Let me explain this mess (of course, did it by me), and give me a hand if you have ideas about how to fix it.

After install the RC4 patch, my forum started to have very poor performance. I imagine that it was because some mistake uploading the files of the patch (I dont know why I thought that), and I tried to put the files again. Sadly, I made a mistake, and I uploaded the full forum pack installation... :S I could recovery the settings, and the forum worked again.
Sadly, the performance still was very bad, and I screew it more. I delete the content of message table and logs. Also cache, etc. When I saw what I did, I recovery the message table and the forum started to work better. Everything seems to be good, except by the "read unread post".

I dont know how to fix it, even when I tried the forum maintenance.

Any ideas? Thanks

Kindred

what, specifically, is the problem that you are seeing with unread posts?

You describe the history but never describe what the actual problem is....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarChelo

The problem its when someone click in "Show unread post", it show old post (which it has been checked and read it) , and as last poster a  nick which never posted before in that thread. Also, the pagination showed more than 1 page, when isnt real.

Kindred

I'm sorry, I guess I am just not getting the full problem from your description.

Could you post a link which shows the problem?

mucking around with the tables and files like you describe is certain to lead to issues (as you discovered)
in maintenance
try recount all forum stats and totals
try check forum for errors
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarChelo

Hello, and Im sorry by the delay.

This is the link to the forum: http://www.latingamers.net/foro/ [nofollow]

I ran all the maintenance tasks and nothing.

When someone click in "Show unread posts", it showed threads with the last poster wrong and the thread was already checked, it shouldnt be showed.

Norv

Could you please provide a normal member test account on your forum, for us to try to see the issue?

I assume you refer to "Show unread posts since last visit" link?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Kindred

I think that his delete/restore has data in the wrong locations or with the wrong ID...
Слaва
Украинi

MarChelo

Quote from: Norv on November 26, 2010, 10:40:00 AM
Could you please provide a normal member test account on your forum, for us to try to see the issue?

I assume you refer to "Show unread posts since last visit" link?

user: test
pass: test

And yes, thats what I meant. thanks

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I just checked it right now. It seems to be all working properly.

Is this resolved?

Advertisement: