Error while updating profile in 2.0 rc4

Started by DanteOz, November 24, 2010, 03:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanteOz

I recently upgraded my smf 1.1.12 to 2.0 rc4 & have installed few mods like SA FB connect, 2si-chat & few other, I just noticed that when I try update my profile & clicked save, it shows this error:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

please how do I overcome it?

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DanteOz

DanteOz

Deaks

what are the exact mods you have installed I cannot see the last mod as being the problem myself
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DanteOz

1.   Contact Page   2.1.1
2.   Ad Managment   2.3.6.4 
3.   2-SI Chat   rev34
4.   Sitemap   2.2.0 
5.   OS & Browser Detection   1.5
6.   Join date and Location in Posts   1.1
7.   Registered Links   3.0 
8.   SA FBConnect   1.0 RC2-3 Rev280

DanteOz

Illori

have you tried asking your host if their are any issues on their side?

Joker™

Having problems with mod_security?

You may want to check your paths and URLs with repair_settings.php.  What is repair_settings.php?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

TheDisturbedOne

Admin > Packages > File Permissions > Use predefined permission profile: Standard
Might solve the problem. if repair_settings doesn't.

DanteOz

I tried using repair_settings, but when I click save settins I get this error

"Not Found
The requested URL /', $_SERVER
['PHP_SELF'], ' was not found on this
server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error
was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the
request."

I also tried to use the file permission, but didn't work, I want to contact my host, thanks for all your efforts

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

CanadianMoose

Hello everyone. I just added a forum to my site (2.0 RC 4) and users informed me that they too would get a 403 Forbidden error when trying to change their profiles. I eventually narrowed the cause to the Pretty URLs mod (PrettyUrls1.0RC5) After uninstalling/deleting the mod the errors disappeared. Strange thing is the mod installed properly with no errors. Mod security is not installed.

Thought I would post this here in case anyone else was having this problem.

Advertisement: