News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

package installation of simpleportal

Started by dunkelwesen, November 25, 2010, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunkelwesen

Hello,

i want to integrate my smf forum into  a portal and maybe use also coppermine with it.

so i copied my 1.112 smf onto another server, updatet it to 2.0. rc4 ( worked fine except the template backnblack)  and now i installed the package simleportal.

i had to create a temp folder and chmod it to 777, then the install went well.

but after i dont have any modificatiosn on my forum, also no new files in the root directory ...

i searched but i was not successfull , so i try a post here, if its wront thank you for moving it or teling me where to ask.

regards

dunkelwesen

please move to the correct board, as i cant delete and recreate, thank you

Deaks

im sorry but what is the exact error or problem?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Paul_Pauline

The way I understood it was, he has installed SimplePortal, on the face of it without any problem.

But it has not actually been installed !

This seems to be a recurring error lately   :-\
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Road Rash Jr.

Some of my forum's, I don't know why, required the deletion of SMP before the install worked right. Also some other mods screwed it up. The work around was to follow these steps. Upgrade, install theme, install SMP, then other mods. When I installed other mods before SMP it would not install properly.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

dunkelwesen

i installed a fresh smf 2 rc4 withoud any mods or special temlates, and the data from the old database ( upgraded via upgrade.php )
then i installed simpleportal over package manager => worked well w/o errors...
now its installed ( seen in package manager ), but i dont havy any new admin buttons, now portal files in my rod smf directory etc...

so i dont know how to install it correctly..

maybe i should try a cms for example and add sms and coppermine via bridge.. 

dunkelwesen

I manually copied all files again over my smf installation ( all simpleportal files... )  now it seems to work..

strange thing if this mod tells it is installed sucessfully but it isnt..

Advertisement: