News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

My speed is really slow!

Started by ysite, November 25, 2010, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysite

Hey,

I posted this before, someone asked for the mods I use. ill explain the problem again: the site speed works fine but when you actually type in the adress: www.mysite.com, it takes for ever to load. My website name is www.ysite.ca, and here are the mods I use.

PLEASE do not say that there are too many mods because i see my friends with like 90 and there website is like holy cow, damn fast. I have deleted all the useless mods and I need all over here. I think the problem is that I have 2-3 mods that are slowing A LOT, and im willing to delete them if you can provide details.

Thank you.

vbgamer45

I highly suggest reading over the performance tips area for SMF there are a lot of settings that you change/set that would help.

Also check http://tools.pingdom.com/  to see what takes a long time to load.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Deaks

so you know your site is working at an ok speed for me
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

kaamaru

ysite

that ain't possible kaamaru. It won't even open on other comps. That website helped. The logo is taking the most time, will see if i can make another 1. Thank you for the replies.

YogiBear

At least one server is currently under attack from a hacker in Morocco. Good hosting companies have increased the security scanning of their hosted sites causing those sites to slow down more frequently.

Worth checking with you host whether this is the case.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

kat

Click Start>run.

Type "cmd".

In the CLI (DOS) window that opens, type the following:

ipconfig /release <ENTER> (You'll go offline).
ipconfig /flushdns <ENTER> (Flushes and resets the contents of the DNS client resolver cache.)
ipconfig /renew <ENTER> (Renews DHCP configuration and puts you back online)

See if that helps you.

YogiBear

K@ do you need to be signed-in on the forum for that to be effective or does it work even if on browser home page?

Illori

that is not run on the server, it is run on your local machine. most servers [web servers] run linux so trying that would not get you too far unless you are on a dedicated machine and you have ssh access.

YogiBear

kat

YogiBear

Cheers, K@. I tried it and it's certainly given my machine a good kick up the [censored]  :o

:-[

kaamaru

Quote from: ysite on November 26, 2010, 11:32:54 PM
that ain't possible kaamaru. It won't even open on other comps. That website helped. The logo is taking the most time, will see if i can make another 1. Thank you for the replies.
When I last went on it took about a second for every page to load. Now it's very very slow. I have a feeling that it's not your forum that's slow, but that the server it's running on is overloaded. I'm guessing your on shared hosting, which means your host has too many websites on one server.

Try installing a test forum with no mods installed and see if it's fast. If it's still slow, change host.

I found your server's ip address and if you look at the other sites hosted on that server, you'll notice they are slow too.

http://www.robtex.com/ip/69.175.104.34.html

kat

Quote from: YogiBear on November 28, 2010, 07:08:53 AM
Cheers, K@. I tried it and it's certainly given my machine a good kick up the [censored]  :o

:-[

I have my autoexec.bat set to run, at boot.

One of the commands is "ipconfig /flushdns". ;)

ysite

Okay. I see that my hosting site sucks. well, too popular that it makes it slow. x10hosting.com. Can anyone tell me not so popular one but is good enough? not sure about 000webhost.com.

kaamaru

Quote from: ysite on November 28, 2010, 07:59:18 PM
Okay. I see that my hosting site sucks. well, too popular that it makes it slow. x10hosting.com. Can anyone tell me not so popular one but is good enough? not sure about 000webhost.com.
I use surpass hosting, they are excellent. Support is really good too. They help you all your problems, quickly and in detail. My server is really fast though I've got a dedicated server. I'm not sure about about their shared hosting, but they are a good quality host so I'm sure it's fast.

YogiBear

Recommend Hostrail.  :)  The only times I've suffered slow running is when they were doing deep security scans to keep us safe from a hacker trying to attack the server I'm on. They even sent me a detailed explanation and warn by e-mail of any outages due to server upgrades.

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Advertisement: