Watch function does not seem correct

Started by Coyote Keith, November 26, 2010, 12:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote Keith

We have used the watch/warning function in the past with only admins being able to see the green Watched that is below the users screen name on posts. I recently changed that setting to make it visible to moderators as well as those being watched. But when I make this change, those who are being watched are visible to all users, not just the one being watched. Any ideas on why?

Joker™

And what changes did you exactly made?

Ahhhh and what is your SMF version?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Coyote Keith

Version 2.0RC2
Under CONFIGURATION|SECURITY AND MODERATION|MODERATION I changed

Users who can see warning status

from Moderators to Moderators Only and Moderators and Warned Users

But now, everyone can see the warning status under a member's username

Deaks

I would suggest upgrading to RC4, this feature and others have been fixed since then there are also security fixes been released.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Coyote Keith

May I ask what is the best way to update an active site from RC2 to RC4?

Thanks

Norv

It is probably best if you do take the time for upgrading. Once you upload the new files on your server, and start running upgrade.php, it puts your forum in maintenance mode, until it finishes.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Coyote Keith

Illori

that is an option, you could also upload the files from the large upgrade package then run the upgrade.php script

Coyote Keith

OK, will try it on my backup site first. Thanks

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Coyote Keith

I upgraded us to RC4. But no joy, the watch function does not appear to operate correctly. Unless I chose only Admins can see the watched, everyone can see it.  :(

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Coyote Keith

Running the default curve theme with some mods to the graphics and colors in the CSS file.

Advertisement: