News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Permissions issue

Started by TheDisturbedOne, November 26, 2010, 08:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDisturbedOne

I have a member which I wish to have limited admin privileges.  I set up a new membergroup "Admin" and set the permssions that I want.  I added this member, and a test member to check the permissions.  The test member has access to "Boards" part of the admin panel, which I want the Admin group to have.  However, the member that I want to give that permission to as well does not have it.  Both the test member and the regular member are in the same membergroup, yet only the test user has access to "Boards."  What might be the problem?

SMF 2.0 RC3 (I know I should upgrade, haven't had time yet)
http://disturbedmb.com

Deaks

does this other user have a secondary group assigned to him?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

does the test account?

also is there differences in post group?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

ok while I think of possible reasons and replies you know you REALLy should update :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

TheDisturbedOne

Amazing!  It solved that problem too.  Maybe RC4 might solve my problems with girls as well....

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: