News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ignore Members Problem

Started by kaamaru, November 26, 2010, 09:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaamaru

If a member ignores another member, the ignored member can still send them personal messages even though they have the setting Receive personal messages from: All members, except on my ignore list.

I've tried this on my test forum with no mods installed and I had the same problem.

I am using SMF RC3 because I am waiting for all the the mods I use to be updated.

Does this problem happen in RC4? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Joker™

Quote from: kaamaru on November 26, 2010, 09:23:03 AM
If a member ignores another member, the ignored member can still send them personal messages even though they have the setting Receive personal messages from: All members, except on my ignore list.

I've tried this on my test forum with no mods installed and I had the same problem.

I am using SMF RC3 because I am waiting for all the the mods I use to be updated.

Does this problem happen in RC4? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Just tested on RC4 and there is no such issue. By any chance does the user ignored has admin privileges?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

kaamaru

No, but the user ignoring has admin privileges. Is this why?

UPDATE: It did the same with members who both don't have admin privileges. I guess it's a RC3 bug. It isn't too important so I'll wait until I can update.

Joker™

No, for e.g

A ignores B, and B has admin privileges, then B can send message to A. (It has nothing to concern with powers of A)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Deaks

Once you update, let us know if this still happens :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Norv

This bug was known in RC3, and has been solved in RC4.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: