I have a board error when users post topics or replies on 2.0 RC4 board

Started by KosmosStar, November 28, 2010, 06:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KosmosStar

I am running a 2.0 RC4 board

Its only about a week old.  We are getting the error below about every 4-6 times anyone goes to post a reply or a new topic. It goes away if we reload the page. So it only appears once per incident.

I am afraid I am clueless on this type of error.  I don't understand it and I don't know what causes it or how to fix it.

QuoteWarning: require(/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/cache/data_c94df56038aae592f5fc9576d3848cd5-SMF-modSettings.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2721

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/cache/data_c94df56038aae592f5fc9576d3848cd5-SMF-modSettings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2721

these are the mods I have installed

1.    Join Reason    1.3    
2.    AJAX Recent Topics    1.1    
3.    Contact Page    2.1.1    
4.    Firefox Watcher    1.0    
5.    Global Headers Footers    2.0    
6.    IP-Address Tracer    1.0    
7.    EmailValidator    1.0    
8.    Pretty URLs    1.0RC2a    
9.    Choose Ignorable Boards    1.2    

Can anyone help me with this please..

if you need more information, contact me.

If you need to access the forum to help me you will need to contact me to set up an account for testing.

Thanks in advance ... I did try searching for this error but it is sadly beyond me to work it out.

Oldiesmann

SMF ships with its own file cache. Those errors indicate that SMF is trying to load a file from that cache, but the file it's looking for doesn't actually exist in the cache.

Can you attach your copy of Load.php? Line 2721 of the original file doesn't deal with SMF's file cache.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

KosmosStar

OK i found the load.php in the sources directory

there is also a load.php~ file but that's not attached yet as I don't know if you need that one too

thanks

:)

KosmosStar

Also

when a member posts a topic with asterix's in the title it breaks the topic. It cannot be opened by anyone.

eg this title - "Flies are cunning little B*******"

Gives this page ..

QuoteBad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Is this related or something else???

Illori

in admin -> forum maintenance can you empty the file cache and see if that helps?

KosmosStar

Quote from: Illori on November 29, 2010, 06:00:16 AM
in admin -> forum maintenance can you empty the file cache and see if that helps?

OK I've done that and will monitor it for a few hours thanks

KosmosStar

Sorry Illori

that's not the solution I am afraid.

The error is still coming up.

Norv

Quote from: KosmosStar on November 29, 2010, 07:52:17 AM
Sorry Illori

that's not the solution I am afraid.

The error is still coming up.

Which of the 2 errors?

Also, about this:
Quote from: KosmosStar on November 29, 2010, 04:15:46 AM
when a member posts a topic with asterix's in the title it breaks the topic. It cannot be opened by anyone.

eg this title - "Flies are cunning little B*******"

Gives this page ..

QuoteBad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Does it say anything else?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

KosmosStar

both errors still occur

I have worked out that the asterix error breaks the topic and it can't be opened, probably because the url for each topic contains all the characters in the title of the topic. 

the other error, with the file path in it, is also still occurring.

Illori

can you try uninstall pretty url's and see if that helps? the topic with asterisk's sounds like a problem with that mod and not a problem with smf, so you would need to ask for support in their support thread.

Norv

About the first error:
Can you please try to login in your FTP account, and remove the files in your SMF's cache directory, except index.php and .htaccess (please don't remove these 2, only the rest of the files)?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

KosmosStar

I don't have a  " .htaccess " file in the cache folder.

I have removed all the rest though apart from the index one.

ALSO

I tried to uninstall the pretty urls mod, but it had errors in the precheck so I did not go ahead to uninstall it as I have broken the site once before and don't want to break it again.

Not sure what to do there now :(

KosmosStar

OK guys

we're half fixed.

I fixed the url with asterix in them problem.  I disabled the pretty url's mod.

I do STILL have the other major problem of the error with the long file path in it.

I HAVE cleared that cache several times and no difference.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: KosmosStar on December 05, 2010, 07:52:47 AM
I do STILL have the other major problem of the error with the long file path in it.

Can you elaborate this issue? I have been through the whole topic and got a lil lost.

KosmosStar

At random times in my SMF 2.0 RC4 forum this error message appears on a blank white screen background

Warning: require(/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/cache/data_c94df56038aae592f5fc9576d3848cd5-SMF-modSettings.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2721

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/cache/data_c94df56038aae592f5fc9576d3848cd5-SMF-modSettings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2978/glo.kosmosstar/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2721

It appears often when posting replies, sometimes when posting new topics, and also when I go to add new members so I don't know what causes it or where it comes from.

It happens to me as Admin and to members also.

If we refresh the page it goes away.

I don't know if it's a mod I added causing this. It was a brand new board install on this host, no residual data or files. 

I have tried clearing the forum cache numerous times and no change.

Deaks

KosmosStar, sorry for making you wait but do you still get this? have you tried anything else?

I have marked this as solved until you get back to us :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

KosmosStar

Yes I still get the error

No it has not been solved.

The error is intermittent, it's not there every time we post a topic, a reply, or add a new member, but it is there about 1 in every 8 times I go to post something, or go to add a new member.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

can you go to Admin - Server Settings - Caching and tell me what level it is at
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: