News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade with Mods

Started by tatack, December 01, 2010, 09:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatack

Hello,

I have to upgrade from 2.0 RC3 to 2.0 RC4, but what will happen at my mods? Will work again or not?

Thank You

IceXaos

You'll have to reinstall them because you will upgrade to a new file set.

Spoogs

Some might... Some might not
You can check the mod site to see which ones are already updated to RC4... others might install with version emulation with no problem.

Norv

Mods will be completely uninstalled, as all the files get overwritten. You should reinstall them after the upgrade.
Normally they will retrieve their settings and other data, if they used the database (their data remains in the database), so once you reinstall them, you should find them again already configured as you had them.

You might want to check if they have updated versions, too - for RC4.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

tatack

It is a problem, because a lot of them are not ready with a compatible version and these mods are very important for the good work of my forum  :(

IceXaos

Quote from: tatack on December 01, 2010, 09:38:31 PM
It is a problem, because a lot of them are not ready with a compatible version and these mods are very important for the good work of my forum  :(
Which is why I'm still on RC3. :)

tatack

IceXaos

Matthew K.

Current Signature Mod - Should work with RC4 using Version Emulate; although I am not positive.

In addition, I would think most of those should work with RC4, especially just coming from RC3; there aren't that many changes, especially major changes that would affect those mods as far as I know.

So what I might suggest is installing a fresh copy of RC4 on another directory and trying to use Version Emulate and see if you can't install all of the ones you need.

Advertisement: