Shared Database: 2.0 RC4 Uploading Avatars Problems but Attachments OK? What?

Started by C.Fultz, November 29, 2010, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.Fultz

How is this possible? I have Avatar uploading set to the Attachments folder and no matter if they are uploaded from a local machine or via a url, they WILL NOT display! I've looked in the DB, I've messed with the settings, pretty much everything you can think of to make it happen. I've searched and searched and nothing showed up. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

C.Fultz

hxxp:vacivic.com [nonactive]
hxxp:vaimports.com [nonactive]

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

C.Fultz

Yes. In fact, I see installed avatars as well. It's only a problem when it comes to uploading the avatar! It's sorta frustrating.

Norv

If you can see them on the default theme, and you cannot see them on the theme you're using, perhaps you can ask the author of the theme about it. Was the theme indeed updated to RC4?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

C.Fultz

It's nothing to do with the theme.

It has to do with the uploading process of the avatars. The default avatars that come preinstalled or any packaged avatars that I've installed work. Any avatars that are uploaded via a users machine will NOT display. It shows that it's been uploaded, but nothing happens beside their posts, on their profile, or at the top of the screen.

Thank you for helping so far Norv  :laugh:

Norv

So... Do you see the uploaded avatars on the default theme?

I would appreciate if you could make available a demo account (a simple user account) on your forum, for us to see a bit what happens.
Do your users have the right to switch themes?

C.Fultz

The users do not have the option to change themes

The demo account:
Username: demo_user
Password: demo_user

Try uploading an avatar, changing the preinstalled avatars will work fine. So you have to upload an avatar in order for it to work.

Norv

Can you please tell the URL of the forum? None of the 2 posted in the OP accept these login credentials.

Advertisement: