News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Styling the Navigation Menu

Started by colby2152, November 29, 2010, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

I would like to change the style, weight, and padding of the text within the navigation menu.  What div names should I look for within the index.css file?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Illori

try using firefox's firebug opera's dragonfly, most browsers have dev tools built in to assist with this.

colby2152

Quote from: Illori on November 29, 2010, 01:04:04 PM
try using firefox's firebug opera's dragonfly, most browsers have dev tools built in to assist with this.

I am simply looking to edit the CSS file.  This is the correct place to post this question, right?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Illori

and what i told you will help you find what in the css to edit to do what you wish.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Contrary to popular believes, the firefox firebugs though helpful, sometimes may not point to css inside index.css and may be pointing to the one inside the template files itself (though in 2.0 most of them are in index.css but nevertheless).

For styling "Navigation Menu" you should look into main_menu and dropmenu (and the related css within the same group) in index.css.

colby2152

Quote from: Illori on November 29, 2010, 01:11:29 PM
and what i told you will help you find what in the css to edit to do what you wish.

Thanks Illori and ahrasis.  That firebug program is extremely helpful and easy to use.  When I went through the css code, it highlighted the menu and showed the div tags for main_menu!

Antechinus

You may also wish to try the Web Developer add-on. I have that and Firebug installed. Both are handy.

Oh and you can install Web Dev on FF4b7 if you are into running Mozilla betas. Still works even though it says it doesn't. ;)

Advertisement: