News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database Update

Started by robertwatcher, July 06, 2005, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertwatcher

I am getting this message when trying to access High Scores for games (only place I notice it so far) - just upgraded to SMF 1.0.5 last week through the package manager - have uninstalled and reinstalled all mods:

QuoteDatabase Error
The SELECT would examine too many records and probably take a very long time. Check your WHERE and use SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 if the SELECT is ok
File: /mnt/web_g/d01/s24/b023e0e0/www/prophoto/forum/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 444

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php. 

Not sure just what this implies - and if I will loose data or mess up settings by using "upgrade.php" - or for that matter why the upgrade didn't take place with the upgrade through Package Manager - everything else seems to be working flawlessly.

Ben_S

It's probably because the arcade mod wasn't exactly written with efficiency in mind.

You can safely ignore the message about upgrade.php, there have been no changes to db structure between 1.0.2 and 1.0.5.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

robertwatcher

It's just that my members and I are unable to read the Game High Scores any longer - the above message comes up instead.

Ben_S

You will need to ask the mod author about it.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: