News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Posts and Topics Count

Started by colby2152, December 01, 2010, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

The counts of posts and topics on the boards should show what is in the child boards, but it appears it is limited to one level of child boards - not further generations of child boards.

For instance, if A is the parent of B and B is the parent of C...

The post and topic count for A only shows that of A and B, not C.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Mick.

Correct.   It will show A and B. Not C.

colby2152

Quote from: bluedevil on December 01, 2010, 11:17:13 PM
Correct.   It will show A and B. Not C.

How can I set it so it shows the total topics and posts of all child boards?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Paul_Pauline

That would have a drastic effect on your forums speed, that is the reason it was coded like that.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

colby2152

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on December 02, 2010, 10:13:13 AM
That would have a drastic effect on your forums speed, that is the reason it was coded like that.

Got it... I can easily live without it, but was just curious.  Thanks.

Advertisement: