Read emails sent to new members

Started by nosferatu, December 02, 2010, 08:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosferatu

Should be simple enough but I've tried searching for this without luck. I simply need to check some emails that have been sent to a new member from the SMF Admin facility. Where are these stored? I've tried to look at phpmyadmin but I don't know how to search for that item.  I basically need to check the email address that the user registered with as I have a restriction on email addresses for new registrations and this user has a different email address which should have been banned. I can see the current email address for that user but I want to see where the registration email was sent to.

Thanks
There's a certain joy in being mad that only madmen know

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

They are not stored, plain and simple. So you can't really find what you are looking for.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

IceXaos

You can find the email they registered with by clicking on their username to see their profile.

nosferatu

Apologies. I've resolved this issue by exporting the db. I could then see the email that existed when this member posted a comment (stored just prior to the comment itself in the messages table).

Quote from: IceXaos on December 02, 2010, 08:26:19 AM
You can find the email they registered with by clicking on their username to see their profile.

The profile shows their currently registered email address but not the one they registered with. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
There's a certain joy in being mad that only madmen know

Advertisement: