News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Two Issues - RC4

Started by fox0r, December 03, 2010, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fox0r

I'm having a couple of issues with my forum since I've upgraded to RC4 and installed Tiny Portal.

First off, in my admin panel, where I have tick boxes and things like that I will also have a text field next to it for either a 1 or a 0.  If I don't type either in the box, it wont save whether or not I tick or untick.

And also across the top where you have SMF Community Forum, SMF Support, SMF 2.x, on my board if I were viewing a topic, and clicked SMF 2.x, it'd dump me back to the main forum page instead of taking me back to that category.

Any ideas?

Deaks

1. is tp the only mod you have installed if so remove it and tell me if this issue is still there
2. Admin - Themes and Layout - Member Options  - Configure guest and new user options for this theme  then look for # Return to topics after posting by default. place check then save
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

fox0r

TP is not the only mod I have installed.

1.   Post Ratings   1.4   [ Uninstall ]
2.   nCode Image Resizer   1.3.1   [ Uninstall ]
3.   Spoiler BBCode   1.1.3   [ Uninstall ]
4.   Post History   0.3   [ Uninstall ]
5.   Dice Roller BBcode   1.3   [ Uninstall ]
6.   TinyPortal   1.101   [ Uninstall ]

I will go work on the member options now.  Thanks!

fox0r

Okay, the problem we have is this... You go into a topic, which leaves you with Forum name > Category > Board > Topic.  If you click on Category it dumps you at the top of the forum, and doesn't skip you down to that category.

fox0r

Norv

Do you use the default theme, or a custom theme?
Can we see a link to your forum?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

fox0r

It's forums.hellestar.com.  I'm using Outline by Dziner Studios.. I've used this theme before without the issues I'm having now, though granted it's been updated for the newer SMF.

This is what the skip down links (Category in my previous example) are looking like:  http://forums.hellestar.com/index.php?action=forum#3

Norv

That link is modified, it's not how SMF does the navigation links by default. Maybe you should ask the theme authors, or look into your mods.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

fox0r

I fixed it.

I went into my Load.php and tweaked this bit here:

// Build up the linktree (adding TPortal forum index)
$context['linktree'] = array_merge(
$context['linktree'],
array(array(
'url' => $scripturl . '?action=forum#' . $board_info['cat']['id'],
'name' => $board_info['cat']['name']

// Build up the linktree (adding TPortal forum index)
$context['linktree'] = array_merge(
$context['linktree'],
array(array(
'url' => $scripturl . '?action=forum#c' . $board_info['cat']['id'],
'name' => $board_info['cat']['name']

Now that that part is solved.  Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting boxes in my admin panel for 0's and 1's next to check boxes and such? It seems to display in multiple themes.

Norv

I'm not sure what that means... Could you please show a screenshot with the problem?

fox0r

Antechinus

My guess here (having never seen this particular party trick before) is that somehow it is showing the php states next to the checkboxes. I would assume that this is due to something being edited incorrectly in Sources/Admin.php and/or Admin.template.php. Check that all the edits to those files have been done correctly.

fox0r

I skimmed both and didn't see anything weird with them. I do have a mod that I need to uninstall that gave me a bit of problems when I installed it.  It has a new version out..So let me work on that and we'll see if that decided to fix it (or I can then at least rule out that it's that mod doing it).

fox0r

That seems to have fixed it.  Thanks for your help!

Advertisement: