News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Multiple Forums

Started by QuietSkillzz, December 04, 2010, 01:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuietSkillzz

Hey everyone, I could use some help here. Right now I am running 2 different forum installs on the same database, however it's not exactly what I want. I want them to share the same database, user info, posts, ETC., however, I want it to be where I go to 1 forum, and you have forum boards X, Y, and Z, go to the other forum, and you have forum boards A, B, and C. I've seen this done before, however the site that did this is no longer doing it. I am running SMF RC3, any help would be great, thanks!

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Follow my signature to Subforums Mod. It is made for SMF2.0 RC3 and not yet updated to RC4 yet. Btw, you'll need to login to download.

Road Rash Jr.

Any idea if and when this will be updated for RC4? Or are you waiting for the gold release due at the end of this year?
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I am mainly providing ideas and no more in the production of that mod code. I am not sure when feline or pmx team will do an upgrade for it. But, you can always ask here in that mod support board there in portamx.

QuietSkillzz

I installed the sub-forums mod, and it's not working. I have tried 2 things so far, neither of them working. The first time I simply just installed the mod on the first forum, and not the second or third one. I then set up the second one using the SF Mod. Then I visited my second forum, it didn't work. So then I installed it on the other forum, see if I needed to do that. It installed fine, but on the 1st forum, the sub forum for the 2nd forum disappeared. I then set it back up, and now all the urls are messed up in my second forum.

So right now, my links are messed up, and the mod didn't work at all.

I'm really clueless what to do.

QuietSkillzz

Does the forums I installed them have to be ONLY on a subdomain, like hxxp:forums.mysite.com [nonactive], or can it be, hxxp:section.mysite.com/forums/ [nonactive]? That could be the issue I'm having.

It could be on domain or subdomain but not subfolder like your samples. You can however try this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2137

There is fixes made by users of this mod at the last part of its support thread here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=349954.0

The fixes are very handy and useful IMHO.

QuietSkillzz

Would that work with RC3? Because it's not supported for RC3..

QuietSkillzz

Ok, so I installed this mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2137

Everything worked, excepted when I go to create a category, the option to pick a forum ID is not there.

And the stupid CAPTACA or whatever is getting annoying.

Advertisement: