News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Imeddiate Registration

Started by Solace-Aerie Peak, December 06, 2010, 06:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solace-Aerie Peak

I have got SMF RC4.0 installed, now all of a sudden with my member settings set to Imeddiate Registration it doensn't make the new member into the Guest member group like it used to.

Any help much appreciated.

Illori

new members by default go into the regular member group not guests, guests are those that are not logged in not anyone that has registered on your forum.

Solace-Aerie Peak

At the moment they not going in to any group they need to be manual put into a group in the Admin CP.

IceXaos

By default they shouldn't be in any group, and no group is considered group 0 (regular members).

Solace-Aerie Peak

I am sure it ignorance more than anything but when people registered the were put into members and they had access to the forum with SMF RC 3.0 when update to RC 4.0 it started not putting new members into any group.

IceXaos

Sorry I couldn't give you a real answer before, but I had to go get some stuff done.

Hopefully it's not too much different for ya, but in RC3 you just go to Admin > Members > Registration > Settings.

Change the default membergroup ID from 0 to whatever the ID of the group is you want, and you should be good to go.

Sorry, I have no used RC4 yet and have not seen it, so if there's any difference there, you will have to wait on someone else to reply.

Illori

Quote from: IceXaos on December 07, 2010, 05:56:05 AM
Hopefully it's not too much different for ya, but in RC3 you just go to Admin > Members > Registration > Settings.

I dont see that option in the admin panel for RC4, are you using a mod to give that option?

IceXaos

Quote from: Illori on December 07, 2010, 06:07:24 AM

I dont see that option in the admin panel for RC4, are you using a mod to give that option?
I don't believe so, but if you give me an admin account to log in with I could check fast for ya.  It may just be placed in a different section.  Up to you obviously, but without seeing it I'm useless because I've never used RC4 yet.

Illori

my RC4 install is localhost so sorry i cant give out access for you to test it out.

IceXaos

Quote from: Illori on December 07, 2010, 06:13:02 AM
my RC4 install is localhost so sorry i cant give out access for you to test it out.
No problem, but sorry I'm now useless.  Good luck.

Solace-Aerie Peak

Anyone else know a possible reason why the option to automatically sign a group to a newly registered member has dispeared or if there is a addon that can correct this?

sAce

Change the default membergroup ID from 0 to whatever the ID of the group is you want, and you should be good to go.

YOu are probably using some mod.

Sir, what member group does a new member go in ? can please reply with a screen shot of registration settings as well.

Farjo

I'm using RC4 and new members' Primary Membergroup is "(no primary membergroup)" and none of the Additional Membergroups is selected. So what you describe is correct behaviour.

From a pop-up: "The Regular Members are all members that are logged in, but that have no primary membergroup assigned."

Advertisement: