News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Copyright Missing Message after upgrade to 1.15

Started by thebigcheeze, October 28, 2011, 12:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigcheeze

I have read through the other posts in the forum and found nothing that has helped. This does not appear to be a theme related issue. I have reset the theme to the default theme and the "missing copyright" message still appears. It does not appear that the subs.php file has been modified (previously or now). The copyright actually shows up at the bottom of the page along with some privacy information placed there by my predessor.

I took ownership of this site several years ago and I am no SMF expert, but I am an experienced webmaster. I would appreciate any guidance one can provide.

I have reviewed the "common causes" page and nothing there hits home. The only thing I can figure is that something went amiss in the automatic upgrade. Thanks for any assistance.

Illori

can you verify that the upgrade correctly patched your subs.php file? did you get any error messages when you tried to do the upgrade?

thebigcheeze

No error messages and all the version levels are reporting correctly. I have also copied the previous subs.php file over to verify and same result.

Illori

well using an old version of subs.php will cause this issue, try a clean copy from the large upgrade package in the archives.

thebigcheeze

wow. Copied the new file in and the message went away. Funny, the versions for the "sources" folder were reporting as the right version. Thanks for the hint and the solution.

Advertisement: