Best hosting site

Started by ysite, December 06, 2010, 08:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysite

Best hosting site that meet these needs:

1. is very FAST. (loads like.... google)
2. is FREE and AD-FREE
3. Doesn't suspend your account every week to force you to buy paid hosting (ex: 000webhost)

Looking for opinions, please help..

Norv

You may want to see the Hosting-related boards here:
Hosts, Hosting and Commercial Services

Generally, however, both free and with all features and quality is probably impossible to find.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

IceXaos

I am currently with Zenex 5ive and they are great.  Good prices, along with a great support team that will do anything in their power to help you with anything.

They were suggested to me by the owner of a very popular movie site I talk with a lot, and he was definitely correct on this one.

aishaweb

Quote from: IceXaos on December 07, 2010, 03:19:19 AM
I am currently with Zenex 5ive and they are great.  Good prices, along with a great support team that will do anything in their power to help you with anything.

They were suggested to me by the owner of a very popular movie site I talk with a lot, and he was definitely correct on this one.

Quote from: ysite on December 06, 2010, 08:11:56 PM
Best hosting site that meet these needs:

1. is very FAST. (loads like.... google)
2. is FREE and AD-FREE
3. Doesn't suspend your account every week to force you to buy paid hosting (ex: 000webhost)

Looking for opinions, please help..

IceXaos

Oh, free shared hosting which is extremely fast and ad-free?  Lol, I think you're asking for too much.

Antechinus

You don't get something for nothing. ;)

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

TurtleKicker

If you want to get what you're asking for, you need to pay for hosting like the rest of us. Freeloaders have to accept what they're given.

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Check your PM's
x10hosting.com

aishaweb

Quote from: nyyankeefan95 on December 08, 2010, 08:46:37 AM
Check your PM's
x10hosting.com

x10 is NOT fast, usually 10second page loads

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Not at all, i was just testing it with some of my sites. Its almost faster then godaddy.

IceXaos

Just buy hosting according to what you really need, and with the help of your community it should be no problem to keep going.  My site stays up with $100/mo. hosting and $20/mo. ventrilo purely from donations, and even though I could have fun with something better, I don't need it, and I am quite happy on what I got.  I recently moved from shared hosting which I outgrew, but it will last until you got a decent community built up, and is very cheap.  I used FatCow, which I wouldn't recommend if you have over 15K users, or plan to by the end of hosting with them, and about 100 - 150 on at any time, since that's when mine ended up dying off.  Like I said earlier, I'm now with Zenex 5ive and they are very good hosting prices, great support, and full access to a dedicated server.  They let you run pretty much whatever you want as long as you don't cause any problems, though they don't allow servers like IRC, even though they were assisting me in setting up a Sauerbraten game private server because I needed ports forwarded.  They're very lenient and quick to help with anything you need as long as they're able to.

Good luck with your search for a perfect host, but if it existed, we would most likely all have them hosting us.  No ads on a very fast server not monitoring bandwidth, dedicated with shell access for free.  Welp, enough dreaming for me.

Advertisement: