Curious of MOD Interest

Started by IceXaos, December 07, 2010, 06:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceXaos

Well, I found a Points MOD on the forums, and figured it would be nice to use as a site currency.  Quite honestly, the only thing I used from this was the row section it made in the `smf_members` table, and the placing of their current points in the Display.template.php

What it does:
- You are given points by the administrator, which I have set up as buying using the Treasury MOD (soon to integrate with this for auto-payment of points)
- You can trade them.
- You can buy VIP subscription for 6 months, 12 months, or lifetime.
- - Since subscriptions didn't work for me, I made it check if your subscription has run out when you visit the site, and remove you if it has.  It's not using the subscriptions MOD built into SMF, but it is visible there.
- You can donate them (just sending to account ID 0 but shows donations on that page as well)
- Point logs
- - Admins and moderators can view others' point logs as well because of trading and what-not.
- You can see your balance in the top of the page, next to your posts, and on your profile.
- - You can see others' balance in their profile or next to their posts.

I think that's everything, but I was wondering what kind of interest people would have in this, as to if I should make this into an actual MOD package or not.

You can view a demo at http://184.171.166.74/bot/index.php but you must register to view anything.  Also, the domain is not transferred to my new server yet, which is why I'm using an IP for the link.

Just searching for your opinions.  If you guys want it, then I may very well make it.  Also, if this is a bad section to put this, sorry and please move it to the correct section.

Thanks for reading!

Norv

If I may, I'd suggest to make a simple demo account, for people to use for testing.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

IceXaos

Quote from: Norv on December 07, 2010, 06:22:18 AM
If I may, I'd suggest to make a simple demo account, for people to use for testing.
Sure, but I cannot give points or anything since they are worth real money on my site.

Username: SMF_Member
Password: test

Masterd

IceXaos

Quote from: Masterd on December 07, 2010, 11:11:25 AM
Quote from: IceXaos on December 07, 2010, 06:25:06 AM
Username: SMF_Member
Password: test

Your password is incorrect.
I don't know why people feel the need to be dicks, but the password has been set back and it's working again.

Advertisement: