Packages problems with smf 2

Started by Marie89, December 07, 2010, 04:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie89

Hello,

I newly installed smf 2 rc4, everything seems fine but I can't get some packages work;

only 3 packages installed so far but none of them work, instalation was successful and there were no error messages and installed packages area shows that they are installed but can't see them;

SimplePortal
nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox
Treasury

installed these packages with latest versions, the smf database didn't give any error as shows that they are installed..
just can't see the shoutbox, simple portal and the treasury..

seems like none of packages would work if I install more..

will you please help me what should I do?

Thank You!

Norv

This sounds like the edits made by mods may have not been actually done.
Can you please check if they were really done? i.e. take a look at one of the mods, on the customize site, "parse" it for your SMF version, and look at the edits - download your corresponding files and check if they are really done in your own files.

Alternatively, if you press "uninstall" on one of the mods, does it say that it would indeed uninstall it successfully, or does it say it would fail?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Marie89

Thanks for replying!

tried to uninstall all of them and all gave me errors as test failed text..

didn't uninstall yet and didn't delete any files..

they were no error messages while installing, why they give errors when I try to unistall them?

so what should I do now? how can I get them work or how can I dlete them completely?

Thanks!

Norv

That means installation didn't succeed, it didn't really do the edits in files it tried to do.
Usually you get an error when that happens, but that depends on your server configuration actually.

I'd uninstall them (even if it says there are all errors), so that SMF knows they're uninstalled. Then, please check your permissions on all SMF folders. What permissions do they have? For example, the Themes folder, the Sources folder, the files in the Sources folder.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Marie89

What area should I look for the permissions? as an admin I have all permissions I guess, can you please tell me exactly what area or section?

Thanks!

Marie89

can anyone please help me to get work packages? none of packages doesn't work, I checked all permissions, I have all of them, just don't know what the problem is, I installed newly smf 2 rc4, packages installed succesfully but can't see them work,

Thanks for your suggestions!

Paul_Pauline

The permissions Norv is referring to are File Permissions, they are not an admin panel function.

They are located on your server.

Generally, Directories should be set at 755 and files at 644.

If you are going to be working with files you need an ftp client and text editor.

Filezilla and Notepad++ are both free and are used by many people.

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Advertisement: