News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin registration approval JS

Started by blinkwing, December 07, 2010, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blinkwing

Icexaos attempted to show me where this was in another post, but it wasn't very broad and off topic to the thread itself.

I was wondering if there is a way in which I could modify the message that is given to the guest after he registers with admin approval turned on.

The message normally looks like this:

I would like to have that as a custom message, or just as a redirect. Where exactly would I do this at? I'm not using the default theme however, I'm using a custom dzinerstudio theme.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks a ton! :D

(and thanks icexaos for telling me this is possible, just need a little help in doing so :D)

IceXaos

Check here in the Register.template.php - Sorry I'm not sure which language file it's in.

// After registration... all done ;).
function template_after()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl;

// Not much to see here, just a quick... "you're now registered!" or what have you.
echo '
<div id="registration_success">
<div class="cat_bar">
<h3 class="catbg">', $txt['registration_successful'], '</h3>
</div>
<div class="windowbg">
<span class="topslice"><span></span></span>
<p class="content">', $context['description'], '</p>
<span class="botslice"><span></span></span>
</div>
</div>';
}

IceXaos

It's in Login.english.php inside your languages folder.

blinkwing

I see that file, and I see where to edit it at on the default themes "Login.english.php" .. But how do I make those changes on a custom theme? Do I copy that file from the default theme over to the custom?

Illori

more then likely all themes will use that file so the change should apply as long as the theme does not have their own version of that file.

IceXaos

Quote from: Illori on December 07, 2010, 08:03:41 PM
more then likely all themes will use that file so the change should apply as long as the theme does not have their own version of that file.
This is what I was trying to say yesterday.  You will access it by going to /Themes/YOUR_THEME/languages/Login.english.php

Illori

no you access it in the DEFAULT theme not your custom theme, most if not all themes do NOT include that file.

blinkwing

Yeah, I got it to work. If you change things on your default theme, it layers over into your custom theme. Thanks guys!

Masterd

If you solved your problem then mark this topic as solved.

IceXaos

Sorry for misguiding you on that.  I figured every theme would come with their own language files and what-not.

Advertisement: