News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Reset Username

Started by qubbah, December 07, 2010, 05:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qubbah

Smf RC4

Is there any mod or setting to reset all username to default (that the users enter in registration form) for all users?

Kindred

???   There is no "default" username.

And since the username is part of the password hash, changing the username would change the password hash in the database, which requires an email to be sent to the user....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

qubbah

What i mean is... i want to change all my users to use original username. Not using: This is the displayed name that people will see.

Kindred

Changing the display name could be done in the database... however, users would still be able to change their display name by editing their profile.

note: always take a backup before doing any SQL edits

UPDATE `smf_members` SET real_name=member_name where 1

Changing the display name to use username throughout the code would be a major undertaking.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Paul_Pauline

After you have run the query advised by Kindred, you can prevent them changing them in the future   ;)

Admin > Features And Options > General > Allow users to edit their displayed name > Uncheck and save.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

qubbah

Tq for all. But i have got : Output from SQL command UPDATE `smf_members` SET real_name=member_name where 1 ..

No data returned

qubbah

oh.. ok... All username get the real name in my forum...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

qubbah

Yes. TQ . Nice job with smf.

Advertisement: