Missing "New Topic, New Poll & Notify" buttons in forum for user

Started by KrawlerYJ, December 07, 2010, 07:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrawlerYJ

So I have an odd situation going on. I have one user (that I know of so far) who one day logged into the forum and was missing all of the 'posting' buttons except for "Mark Read". I had not made any changes when this happened nor had the user, so as a test, he created a new account and all of the buttons were there. He has been using that account for a few weeks now, but today he logged in and the same thing has now happened. Again, nothing has been modified by myself or the user. Both times I went through his settings and such just to see if something was awry but I can't find anything wrong. I have not seen this happen to other users yet. One thing of note is that this user does travel a lot, so he logs in from different IPs all the time. Could that be a problem? If so, where would I look for that? Short of that all I can think of is some sort of 'permissions' problem that is preventing him from posting. It's almost as if he is a 'read only' subscriber but he is not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IceXaos

A few basic grounds to cover.

Clear site cache
Clear his browser cache / cookies
Try reloading the page

Does this happen when you log on his account, or just from his PC?

KrawlerYJ

I tested the account from multiple PCs and the same thing happens, so it is definitely not a browser/cache/cookies issue although I also had him clear all that and I did as well on my PC. It seems to follow the account no matter where it logs in from.

That leaves refreshing the site cache. How do I do that?

IceXaos

Quote from: KrawlerYJ on December 07, 2010, 07:33:52 PM
I tested the account from multiple PCs and the same thing happens, so it is definitely not a browser/cache/cookies issue although I also had him clear all that and I did as well on my PC. It seems to follow the account no matter where it logs in from.

That leaves refreshing the site cache. How do I do that?
Is he in a group by himself, or anything that may give him special permissions?

Deaks

KrawlerYJ, do you still require assistance, if so can you please update us on the situation.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: