News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Free]CurveVB User On Top

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, December 08, 2010, 08:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Hi all,

Since there is so much request for User On Top (like in VB), I made up some and attached the theme here. This is totally based on default curve so who ever is using it will find it easy to simply install this as a theme and use it in the respective board that they want to show the usr or poster info on top instead of on the left. For RC4.

EDITED: Sample:

Live sample: http://netville.qom.my/index.php?topic=3.0.

EDITED AGAIN: As per Joker advice: The zipped file repaired and reattached. And "Warning, theme currently not yet approved by SMF Theme Team!" :)

Have fun!

InsaneMustang

Very cool.  You may want to include which versions you have confirmed this works on.

Joker™

Just a question about this theme, has anyone approved this theme. I think as per rules around here you are supposed to submit this theme to theme site first and team will decide whether to approve it or not.

At least put a warning for users that this theme has not been tested properly.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: Joker™ on December 08, 2010, 12:06:00 PM
Just a question about this theme, has anyone approved this theme. I think as per rules around here you are supposed to submit this theme to theme site first and team will decide whether to approve it or not.

There's no rules stating you can't post a theme or a mod here in the boards without team approval. Should you wish for it to show up on the customization site, however, then that's a different matter entirely. I might add that this theme would not be approved since it's basically just the default team, in a way.

Nice going, though, I say, ahrasis. You did what I never got around to do (i.e update the mod under my name that did the same thing). :)

Joker™

ahrasis you have to repack your theme. Right now it is like

curvevbuserontop.zip -> vb -> then your theme files

I should be like

curvevbuserontop.zip -> your theme files

The theme package you have provided right now is not loading the template on fresh install of RC4 (for me at least, see the pic attached).

Quote from: cσσкιє мσηѕтєя on December 08, 2010, 12:09:40 PM
There's no rules stating you can't post a theme or a mod here in the boards without team approval. Should you wish for it to show up on the customization site, however, then that's a different matter entirely. I might add that this theme would not be approved since it's basically just the default team, in a way.
As you say sir, but before letting people to use something one must warn them about its adverse consequences (as in present case here).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Quote from: Joker™ on December 08, 2010, 12:06:00 PM

At least put a warning for users that this theme has not been tested properly.
Edited the OP with "Warning "  :D

Quote from: Joker™ on December 08, 2010, 12:21:21 PM
ahrasis you have to repack your theme. Right now it is like

curvevbuserontop.zip -> vb -> then your theme files

I should be like

curvevbuserontop.zip -> your theme files

The theme package you have provided right now is not loading the template on fresh install of RC4 (for me at least, see the pic attached).

Quote from: cσσкιє мσηѕтєя on December 08, 2010, 12:09:40 PM
As you say sir, but before letting people to use something one must warn them about its adverse consequences (as in present case here).
Noted with thanks, fixed as advised and reattached. And yes, normally it should be made as a mod. But, actually, I am to lazy to put up the find and replace code into packages.  ;D

Bugo

Quote from: ahrasis on December 08, 2010, 01:41:05 PM
I am to lazy to put up the find and replace code into packages.  ;D
Need help? :)

Thanks for the offer Bugo. And yes, if you have time for it. Basically two main places, i.e. Display.template.php and index.css. I bet you can easily find them inside the files.

Bugo

Please attach clean Display.template.php with your changes, but w/o any mods (i.e. OS & Browser Detection, SimplePortal etc).

Actually the files are in the theme package above. All of them. But, I am sorry Bugo. Yagiz has beaten you to this. He just sent me the theme repackaged as a mod. I am gonna go through it and submit it to the mod site if everything's ok.

MarkLeevE

this is awsome.. how can i make this on my own custom themes?

Advertisement: