Send PM's while muted/ Warning System Permissions

Started by Corelogik, December 08, 2010, 11:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corelogik

Ordinarily those who are muted by the warning system can read but not send private messages. I find it necessary to allow those muted by the warning system to continue to send as well as receive PM's.

I have hacked this functionality into the software for my use, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=412263.0

It would be nice if there were some options or maybe a full section of the permissions system, to allow differing levels of functionality for those so muted.

vkot

Nice hack, I needed this. But it would be nicer if the muted user can send PM only to Admins, and maybe Moderators.
Because, if a user is muted it means he is bad, and a bad user may send bad PM to other users without the staff knowing...
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

Kindred

So put those users in a member group that can not send PMs
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vkot

I want the user to be able to send PM only to Admins (and maybe Moderators), and not to other users.
There is no way that this can be done without a hack (AFAIK)...
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

Advertisement: