News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Making a certain button link back to my website

Started by kratis, December 09, 2010, 06:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kratis

I was wondering if somebody can help me figure out how to make the "Volukur" link at the very top of my forum www.volukur.com/smf2 [nofollow] link back to my website. It's the link at the very top that says "Volukur". I want it to link back to www.volukur.com [nofollow].

Kindred

If the button already exists, then change the url target in the menu/button array that is built in Subs.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kratis

Quote from: Kindred on December 13, 2010, 12:22:29 PM
If the button already exists, then change the url target in the menu/button array that is built in Subs.php

I've already looked for it, but I can't find it.

Kindred

look in subs.php.
I have no idea what Volukur means...  but I assume it means "home"

so, search for the home
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kratis

The Home button is another button. I tried looking in Subs.php for the Volukur button but I still can't find it. Let's say that Volukur is "Home" though this is what it says in Subs.php:
$buttons = array(
         'home' => array(
            'title' => $txt['home'],
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
            'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
            // 'target' => '_blank',

Where do I type in the url address so that it can link to that address.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

kratis

I tried editing the Subs.php and I got this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in D:\Hosting\6871909\html\smf2\Sources\Subs.php on line 3897

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

kratis

I replaced  'href' => $scripturl, with  'href' => www.volukur.com [nofollow]

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

kratis

I did this
   'home' => array(
            'title' => $txt['home'],
            'href' => 'www.volukur.com',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
            'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
            // 'target' => '_blank',
         ),
but when I click "Home" it redirects me to http://volukur.com/smf2/www.volukur.com [nofollow] instead of just www.volukur.com [nofollow]

Kindred

Did you clear your cache both locally and on your server?

Do yvou have some sort of htaccess or ore redirect in your root directory?

Слaва
Украинi

kratis

I don't know how to clear the cache and I don't know anything about the htaccess.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: