News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bugs with 2.0 RC4?

Started by Ozfishkeepers, December 10, 2010, 09:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozfishkeepers

Hi all

Sorry to be a bother but are there any other known bugs with this version? Im having massive issues getting any mods to work :'( :'( I have asked for help many times and nothing has worked i have even moved hosts but still get the same problems..... I am using the Xmas theme and have tested the mods on both this and the default theme with the same issues. They install fine but then nothing no where to be found or seen. I have tried the members online today mod installs fine then does not display and the Ad banners mod with the same result. Yes i am downloading only those mods for my version.

?I have noticed tho when i go to uninstall then cause its useless them being there is they are not working its then gives me an error message saying i can not install or uninstall this mod but its already installed.

Im really at a loss i wanna add mods my forum and members need them but nothing works any help or ideas are welcomed :) Maybe i should wait for the next update maybe that will fix my problems???

OFK
http://ozfishkeepers.comxa.com//index.php

Drunken Clam

Hi OFK,

With respect, if I were you, I would take a few steps backwards, use the search function, read other posts, read the online manual, just get to know how it all fits together, what are the common problems and their solutions etc., etc. (Most of which you have experienced)

You seem to be throwing everything at your forum without having a great deal of understanding of it!

Just my $0.05

No offense meant.

Ozfishkeepers

no offence taken but i have done all that and had many replies with help that does not wrok you must understand my frastration.....Maybe i should just give up with with forum and try Phpbb forum my partner has helped me with this and he has extensive php knowledge he set up this forum for me and has looked over it in detail for me and can not understand why i am having these issues... and then moved me to another host that was one of his VPS's and still having same issues so moved to another VPS still nothing changes it must be a bug problem or something

I will just go to phpbb and try them as this is not working for me and the help is good from some but in the end does nothing at least phpbb helps and works out your problems and dont leave you hanging for days for an answer.

I am now over this site and its forum

Ozfishkeepers

43 views 1 reply very helpful im gone im now going to use phpbb this sucks in the way of help guys

vbgamer45

You have to give it more time than that.... Only an hour passed and we are volunteers here. As for bugs you can check the bug tracker but I don't believe there are any bugs with the package manager.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

IchBin™

If you have the same type of issue with all the mods you have tried, it's most likely the server configuration. Only your host can help you solve what the issue is however. But since you're now going to phpBB have fun. Let us know how installing those mods goes for you. :)
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: