The attachments upload directory is not writable

Started by KT, December 14, 2010, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KT

I am 2.0 rc3 smf I tried to upload rc4 using the package installer in forum i not think it worked though

When i try and upload an avatar i get this msg :

The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

I used to be able to upload an avatar

i have added simple portal to smf but i not think that the issue

plus when i try to unistall packages i get

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

*    1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./index.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./index.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./index.php    Test failed (Ignore Errors)
      4.    Replace    ./index.php    Test failed (Ignore Errors)
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Portal.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs-Portal.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs-Portal.php    Test failed
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
   7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin.php    Skipping file
   8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php    Skipping file
   9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_es.php    Skipping file
   10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_es-utf8.php    Skipping file
   11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    Skipping file
   12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.croatian-utf8.php    Skipping file
   13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    Skipping file
   14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french-utf8.php    Skipping file
   15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.german.php    Skipping file
   16.    Delete Tree    ./blog    
   17.    Delete File    ./Sources/BlogAdminSettings.php    
   18.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/BlogAdminSettings.template.php    
   19.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.english.php    
   20.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.spanish_es.php    
   21.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.spanish_es-utf8.php    
   22.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.turkish.php    
   23.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.croatian-utf8.php    
   24.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.french.php    
   25.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.french-utf8.php    
   26.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Adk-Blog.german.php    
   27.    Execute Code    db_uninstall_adkblog.php

any help would be great

I am a newbie when it comes to this type of thing

KT

kat

An upgrade? In Package manager?

Hmmm... I think you might want to read the instructions, again...

Either that, or I do... ;)

QuoteUpload files method 2: Manually uploading files

The first thing you need to do is upload all of the files in this package, excluding this file itself, to your server. You should upload it to the same directory as your previous installation of SMF. If you are given the option to "resume" uploads, make sure you do not do that - you must upload all of the files. You may wish to make sure that all of the files were uploaded, such as those in Themes/default/languages, because some FTP clients have been known to drop files. Additionally, if you are using any languages other than English please make sure to upload their updated versions as well.

After you have finished uploading the files, point your browser to http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/upgrade.php - where www.yourdomain.tld/forum is the URL to where you uploaded it. You should then see a page asking you for a few bits of information.

In most cases, you'll want to have "Put the forum into maintenance mode during upgrade." checked, because it will ensure that nothing is messed with while the upgrader is working. You may also wish to check "Backup tables in your database...", which will make a backup of your old information and tables before making any changes in the database.

IceXaos

Have you actually checked the file permissions?  Most servers use 755 to write, but depending on your configuration you may need to 777 it for writing.

IceXaos

Quote from: Spoogs on December 15, 2010, 04:50:44 PM
Quote from: IceXaos on December 15, 2010, 04:45:26 PM
Have you actually checked the file permissions?  Most servers use 755 to write, but depending on your configuration you may need to 777 it for writing.
Cant upgrade from C3 to RC4 via package manager ;)
I've never upgraded so I wasn't sure on that.  Though it did seem odd to me, I figured they may have made it possible.  Thanks for the correction.

Spoogs

No prob :)
My original post seems to have disappeared tho.

Advertisement: