News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error and Homepage will not load properly

Started by lukeolding, December 15, 2010, 05:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeolding

Hi Everyone,

Urgent help required, I currently can not open our clubs website and was hoping for some help.

We have a shoutbox in the left hand side block but now its coming up with this error:-

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/mor33709/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1852

Opened the file in notepad and on line 1851 to line 1858 is this:-

{
            $message = substr($message, 0, $last_pos) . $data . substr($message, $pos);

// Since we changed it, look again in case we added or removed a tag.  But we don't want to skip any.
            $old_pos = strlen($data) + $last_pos;
            $pos = strpos($message, '[', $last_pos);
            $pos = $pos === false ? $old_pos : min($pos, $old_pos);
         }

For some reason on our home page all it shows is the left block with the error in the shoutbox.  I have tried to access the admin to turn off the shoutbox to see if this helps but no spot for my password comes up.  Cab someone please help and explain how i can fix this ASAP as I need the site back up and running.

Thanks in advance

Luke

Illori

sounds like the mod did not install correctly or your server is not configured in a way to allow it to run correctly. please follow the following in reverse to uninstall the mod and see if that helps. Manual Installation of Mods once that is done do a file backup as well as database and try it again.

lukeolding

I haven't made any changes to the website so unsure where to locate this mod file.  ANy suggestions??
Thanks

Luke

Illori

well a shoutbox is not default to smf, so you had to have installed a mod to get it there.

lukeolding

Yes, sorry we installed the shout box over a year ago and has been working fine.  Now all of a sudden its come up with the error.

Thanks

Luke

Illori

then contact your host about the issue as it is more a hosting issue then a code issue from what i can see.

wtfgfrofl

as illory said, contact your host..

the error you gave us:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/mor33709/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1852

shows that the script is taking more than the max time allowed on your hosting account to execute.

lukeolding

no worries i will call them soon, thanks for your help

Luke

Advertisement: