News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting from MyBB 1.4

Started by Loony Tune, December 15, 2010, 04:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loony Tune

Hi all and sorry if this post repeats others.

I am converting from MyBB 1.4 to SMF. I have installed the forum and it does as it should. I removed MyBB as it was in the same directory prior to the SMF installation. The MyBB database is a different database to SMF. So, how do I import the Mybb database into the SMF database. I still have a copy of the MyBB forum so if it needs to be put into the SMF directory it can. The MyBB database is still around and backed up.

Hope I've made mysekf understood (I understand it!!).

Cheers all

LT  :)

ThorstenE

Hi Loony Tune,
you  need at least the mybb configuration file ( /inc/config.php).

I'd personally recommend to upload the entire MyBB files to a subfolder in SMF (create a folder mybb), the converter takes care of avatars and attachments if they are available.

SMF in a different database than MyBB isn't a problem, but the mysql user from your SMF installation needs read access to the MyBB database (see Common conversion errors.

Loony Tune

Quote from: TE on December 17, 2010, 02:15:52 PM
Hi Loony Tune,
you  need at least the mybb configuration file ( /inc/config.php).

I'd personally recommend to upload the entire MyBB files to a subfolder in SMF (create a folder mybb), the converter takes care of avatars and attachments if they are available.

SMF in a different database than MyBB isn't a problem, but the mysql user from your SMF installation needs read access to the MyBB database (see Common conversion errors.

Thanks for that. I'll try that now and post a reply.

Cheers again

LT

Advertisement: