SMF 2.0 RC4 unable to install new themes

Started by ysNoi, December 17, 2010, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysNoi

Quote from: holodoc on November 03, 2010, 06:39:26 PM
Solution to this problem:
Create a folder called temp inside the Packages folder (Packages/temp) and chmod it to 755. If that doesn't help try chmode-ing it to 775 and lastly 777.

Hi..!

I've tried this solution and have installed other packages [Simple Portal, Menu Order, Avatar on Member List, Aeva Media] successfully but I could not get any themes to install on my forum.

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC4 clean install...

Please help me...

Thanks in advance...

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."

Kindred

please note that your problem (themes) is different from the original thread and that the original thread has already been marked as solved.   I have split your question into its own thread...   please start your own thread next time.

On the note of your problem: Check permissions for the themes directory
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Spoogs

ysNoi

@ Kindred:

I'm sorry for the wrong post and thanks for splitting the topic.

Quote from: Kindred on December 17, 2010, 09:47:03 AM
On the note of your problem: Check permissions for the themes directory

I have tried chmoding themes directory to 755, 775 and 777 and installed the themes one by one.
I got this meesage when uploading the theme's zip file:

An Error Has Occurred!

Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

What should I do then. I don't have any mods installed on it. Mods I mentioned above is just to try if I can install it or not and before uploading the theme's zip file, all mods were successfully uninstalled.

Quote from: Spoogs on December 17, 2010, 09:49:55 AM
How are you trying to install the theme?

Admin -> Main -> Packages -> Download Packages -> Package to Upload -> Browse -> Upload

That error appears during the upload process....

Spoogs

Admin>>Configuration>>Themes and Layout... scroll down to Install a New Theme... upload the theme there... the zipped file is just fine

Kindred

specifically... themes are not mod packages, they are themes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ysNoi

Quote from: Spoogs on December 17, 2010, 09:13:20 PM
Admin>>Configuration>>Themes and Layout... scroll down to Install a New Theme... upload the theme there... the zipped file is just fine

OMG...That was my biggest mistake...I'm really feel very sorry...

Thanks to you Spoogs and Kindred..!

Advertisement: