News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

issue with bottom of the forum stuff

Started by 3mrhythm, December 17, 2010, 10:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3mrhythm

here is the site:

http://nhfragswap.com/forum/index.php

the bottom of the forum is jumbled.. its only on the theme i am using.. i just did a fresh install of rc3 today and installed this theme.. when it was on rc1 the bottom wasnt jumbled at all.

any ideas? what file is responsible for the bottom there?  I have more trial and error skills with this sort of stuff. i would greatly appreciate the help in getting the bottom to look right.

the theme is called yingyang
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

i just logged out and noticed it looks fine when you arent logged in..  it doesnt show both of the mini on/off buttons though.. just the no new posts one..

it almost feels like the forum is being constrained to a certain area too.. like in an iframe or something
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

made a dummy account  so you can see what i am referring to

l: test
p: test1
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Spoogs

IF it shows fine on the default theme then the issue is with the theme you're using.... would be best to ask the theme author.
If the theme allows.. try changing the width and see if that helps.

3mrhythm

hmm. yeah the theme doesnt have any easy settings like that. i cant seem to find a width in the codes either.. 

anyone else wanna take a crack at it?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

busterone

That theme is not listed here, so it must be a custom theme.  sorry, it is, I found it. :)
attach a copy of your themes' index.template.php and  index.css

3mrhythm

www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

thanks!  i'm completely new to the rc2-rc4 stuff  this is my first one one on the 1.1.x builds.   i didnt think to look in that css file.. the yingyang one is very un organized.. unlike the core index.css which is alot easier to read..
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

busterone

I just installed your theme on my test forum. It does have a width control in the admin panel. Look in Admin - Configuration- Current Theme
There is a width selection there. Here is a screenshot from my forum -

3mrhythm

doesnt seem to change no matter what i put in it...
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

busterone

OK, give me a minute to go back to my test forum and see what is happening.

3mrhythm

www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

seems like there just isnt enough space between the last board and the info center.. if the info center is shrunk you can see he bottom of the board area and for some reason the new_some new_none buttons are out of alignment
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

busterone

This theme has fixed width settings is why it didn't work in the admin panel.
Look in style.css, and you will find these 2 tags (they are not together, but several lines apart from one another.

#wrapper {

width: 980px;

min-width: 720px;

margin: 0 auto;

padding: 0;

}

#bodyarea {

padding: 5px;

width: 960px;

margin: 0;

background: #fff;

}
Changing the #wrapper will change the overall width, but then you need to change the #bodyarea width as well, or it will skew the forum.
I tried using percentages, but it didn't line up perfectly on the right hand side.
Notice there is a 20 px difference between the #wrapper and the #bodyarea  - 980px and 960px.
You may have to just experiment with them to get the width you desire.
If that doesn't work, it may be helpful to ask the theme author.   :)

3mrhythm

will do thanks! i'll let ya know what happens :)
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

made the site wider but did nothing to the bottom stuff.

i posted for help in the theme makers thread. hopefully he will get back to me..

like i said it seems to be a lack of space vertically toward the bottom of the forum.. not horizontally
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

busterone

Hope he gets it fixed for you. Good luck.  :)

3mrhythm

here is a visual of what i am talking about
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Advertisement: