News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A board that guests can post in?

Started by trekkie2444, December 18, 2010, 10:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trekkie2444

I have a photography forum, so I wanted to make the board "Beginners Corner" available for guests to post in so they don't have to register for an account (but hopefully will later because of the help they get there). Can I do this?

Spoogs

yes... its all about permissions and board access.

trekkie2444

So how exactly would I go about making it work? I know that there's a general setting to allow guests to post on the forum, but that would make it possible for any board.

Spoogs

When you create or modify a board you can select which user groups can access the board... this is true for guests also.

A permission profile must be selected for a board (otherwise 'Default' is chosen) so you will need to decide which permission profile you would like to give guests permission to post.

There are several ways to do it... but if you take a look at the permission profiles you may be able to figure it out.

How many boards are you planning to allow guests to post on?

trekkie2444

Just that one. So I need to create a new permission profile that has the same exact settings as the default one except that guests can post in it?

Spoogs

Yep (I think thats the best way to go)

sanmask23

Hi i also want to give permission to guest to post in my forum... I gave 2 board for guest...and for another 1 board i want to give permission to all my members they can do anything in that board. like testboard in smf

can any one tell me with full step by step details of doing this 2 method pls...thanks   

Spoogs

It really just takes some thought on what you want to do

When you create or modify a a board you can determine who can access that board... and with the correct permission profile you control what they can do on that board.

Permission Profiles....... Admin>>Members>>Permissions>>Edit Profiles
From their you can either edit an existing profile or create a new one.

Deaks

trekkie2444, do you still require assistance? as you have not replied in 3 weeks I will persume you dont and I have marked this as solve.d
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: